Thursday, April 17, 2014

Book 20: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

The language alone in the Narnia series is delicious, but who can resist a lion resurrecting? At Easter (even though this is technically Maundy Thursday), it seems fitting to recommend this book. My mom dug up my old set of all seven books in the Narnia series. I have already devoured The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe with Nora, and I can't wait to sink my teeth into the other six.
Predictably, good triumphs over evil in this book. However, the veins of good and evil run together and twist around each other too. A far cry from a fairy tale, this book is complicated. I hadn't read it since I was a kid. I was surprised, impressed, and overjoyed at all I could still take from it. I love watching the kids run their hands over the back wall of the their closets, just to make sure they didn't miss a gateway into this extraordinary place.

1 comment:

  1. I love your last sentence. Good books open minds to possibilities we never thought existed.

    ReplyDelete