Monday, November 18, 2013

Debating the End

I am not a blogger. I blog; therefore I am. But I'm not.

Every "How to Successfully Blog"' article ever written advises writers to have a specific, original point of view or purpose.

Happy Hippie Homemaker has been fun. I've written. I've grown.

But it is not specific. While the writing is (hopefully) original and witty, the title is not so much.

I am debating switching or stopping my blog. I have a big decision to make, and before I make it, I want to make sure it is not part of my turning thirty crisis.

We'll see...

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hear you. I sometimes think the same of my own blog. I often wonder, " who am I writing for?" My parents and sister are avid readers, but who else, really? What's the point?
    And I've also always hear about the importance of blogs having a "topic" but I don't think that's necessarily true. Dooce.com and tons of non-fashion, no dyi, have one topic they specialize in.
    In the end you gotta do it only if your blog writing brings you some kind of joy. If it doesn't, then why bother, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly...If I'm writing for me (which I am), why bother publishing?

      Delete
  2. Just so you know, I read and enjoy every word you write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should continue - I enjoy your insights and what's up with all of you! It makes me smile - It makes me think - It keeps a connection ... :) Sherry

    ReplyDelete